The Hospital Dos de Maig
Hospital Dos de Maig, opened in 1923, has a long tradition as an institution dedicated to the Catalan health system. In 1923 the Queen Victoria Eugenie, who was part of the “Ladies of the Red Cross”, inaugurated this hospital to attend the wounded of the War of Africa.
It had a very active role again in the Civil War of 1936-39. Later, during the post-war period, it became one of the leading health institutions, where the most outstanding professionals in Catalan medicine worked. Today it is a medium-sized hospital belonging to the Catalan Health Service.